171 Pleasant Street 2nd Floor Fall River, MA 02721
Please Note the Changes Below to Our 2021 Grant Cycle
The Anthony F. Cordeiro Charitable Foundation is committed to strengthening the community and the organizations in our area who are on the frontlines working to make sure families and children have food, shelter and access to healthcare including mental health services. In consideration of the current COVID-19 crisis, we understand the needs of our local community have increased significantly and want to meet the ever-changing needs of those who have been directly affected by this global pandemic. Consequently, we are redirecting our current funding efforts to local organizations who are directly supporting families facing financial hardships as a result of this crisis and healthcare facilities who are on the frontlines of the fight against coronavirus.
This decision affects our signature grant program as we review our funding priorities for 2021. In lieu of a semi-annual grant cycle, the Cordeiro Charitable Foundation will have one annual grant cycle this year with the deadline for all grant applications now scheduled for December 31st, 2021. If you have any questions regarding the grant guidelines or changes to this year’s grant program, please contact Melanie Cordeiro at email@example.com or (508) 340-8714.
We are grateful to our loyal donors and The Founders Circle who are dedicated to making a direct impact on the lives of families and children who live in our shared communities. Together, we will get through these challenging times and want you to know The Anthony F. Cordeiro Charitable Foundation is committed to continuing our support of the communities within southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Although a pre-proposal discussion is not necessary; should you have questions on whether or not your project would fit our criteria, please contact Melanie Cordeiro at (508) 340-8714 or firstname.lastname@example.org
January - June 30th - First Cycle
July 1st - December 31st - Second Cycle
Applications must be submitted on the 30th of June and the 31st of December to be considered for the cycle.
• Eligible applicants include new or existing nonprofit organizations that serve children and families in Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island
• Must have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit designation from the IRS or operates under the fiscal sponsorship of a tax-exempt nonprofit (note: applicant is responsible for establishing that relationship BEFORE applying for a grant)
• Proposed program or project aligns with the Foundation's mission
• Applicant does not discriminate in the hiring of staff or the provision of services based on ethnicity, gender or gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin
• We don’t fund events
• We don’t fund sponsorships
Applications are reviewed holistically based on the following criteria:
• Demonstrated need
• Number of families served
• Strength of Organization (overall financial health)
• Staff/board strength to implement project or program
• Definition of successful implementation
• Feasible and realistic implementation plan/timeline